To start, select one major item in the heading line:
The database to which this interface provides access has been constructed after extraction of specific data fields from publication records of the ISI Web of Science from January 2006 to December 2009. To be selected in the Wos, a publication should fulfil two criteria:
- to be in the scope of EMIDA (infectious and parasitic diseases of production animals), as defined by specific search queries combining a category of animals and a category of pathogenic agents or diseases,
- to have at least one author in one of the 27 countries of the European Community (EC) plus Norway and Switzerland.
The database eventually included 14,751 publication records.
- From Countries, you access first to countries and research institutions and then find their main research topics. Names of research institutions have been systematically normalized according to the attached list.
- From Topics, you access first to diseases of each animal category (Ruminants, Pigs, Poultry, Horses, Fish and Shellfish, Bees) and then find the major institutions working on these topics.
- Institutional Co-publication networks gives access to networks of collaboration between EC institutions. Networks are classified according to animal categories (Ruminants, Pigs, Poultry, Horses, Fish and Shellfish, Bees) and types of pathogenic organisms (Bacteria, Viruses, Prions, Helminths, Protozoa, Ectoparasites). A brief presentation of the method of graph construction and of measure of proximity between studied entities is annexed.
- Compare profiles of specialization allows the user to compare institutions according to the frequency distribution of their research topics (animal categories, type of pathogenic agents, diseases).
Database designer : Jean De Rycke, INRA, Centre of Tours, 37360 Nouzilly, France
Development of web interface : Yeo Web Concept